Monday, March 16, 2009

Live like you were dying...

cuz you are. Pretty profound huh? This week was the wrap up of our 30 days no regrets. I wish I had been better at blogging about it but life just got in the way. That is okay because I have no regrets about not getting around to my computer. I was having to much fun living. I will say as soon as the service at church started this weekend I felt a blog post coming on. It started with the song "live like you were dying" by Tim Mcgraw and the story of Tim Mcgraw's life and how he found his father. He wrote that song after he sat with his father and watched him pass. I began thinking about this past month and all that has happened in my life. I know we all know that some day we will die but I really don't think we think about it much more than that. Oh, when we hear the story on the news of someone dying young or watch our grandparents leave this earth we might think about it a little more. Maybe we hug our kids a little tighter or tell our hubby that we love him a little more but after a few days we are right back in the rut of life taking every day for granted. So how do we keep that passion for life alive, how do we keep our focus on what really matters? In this world it can be hard. When everything around us tells us that it is all about money, power, stuff, status, looks, and who knows what else, it can be very easy to take our eyes off what really matters. So how do I keep focused...a lot of prayer. That is it. Simple huh? Well not really. Despite all my prayers I still get tempted to take my eyes off my goals, to get discouraged, to forget what matters. There are a few things that I have done to help me keep that passion alive. One of the things that I think has changed my life the most is marrying my husband. He has the same passion and goals that I have. Although we are completely different in our thinking we have the same goals. We are passionate about our family and we love to live life to the fullest. I love when we have an opportunity to do something and he says, if you don't do it now you never will. That has pushed me to do things I never would have otherwise. He does the same things with our kids and now I see the passion that they have for life. We have a bucket list and we are checking things off. We both agree that we don't want to look back and have regrets. No regrets about the time we spent at work instead of with our kids, no regrets about putting off vacation, no regrets about not being involved in our church and community. Yeah, I'm tired and sometimes I am over scheduled but it is tired in a good way. I have no regrets and I hope to keep it that way!

No comments: