Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random Thought Tuesday

So, I woke up this morning and I had this random thought. I don't know if that has happened to you. I hope it has because that means I am not crazy. So here is my random thought (or thoughts) for the day....wake up, uh, another day in the rat race, when is this going to end?, never because this is your life! I know, I know that seems a little weird but I think we spend all this time looking ahead in our lives like somehow life will start when you graduate from high school, and then it will start when you finish college, oh wait no it starts after you get married, no, no, no it starts when you have a baby. Well, not really it seems to end when you have a baby, I mean no more free time so I guess it starts when they get older or in school...oh wait, maybe it starts when they grow up and leave home???? Then it occurred to me....THIS IS YOUR LIFE...YOU ARE LIVING IT RIGHT NOW...QUIT WAITING FOR IT TO START! Is that weird...maybe it has to do with turning 30 something I mean I am closer to 40 than ever before, that is the problem though. In my mind I am still 16. I am not old enough to be the mother of these kids, not old enough to be a mentor in my field, and definitely not old enough to be looking 40 in the face! But, I did decide to take a good look at this life of mine. It is great, wonderful kids, wonderful husband, I am spoiled beyond belief but I always wanted to make a difference in the world...do something great...somehow I keep waiting for that to happen. Then it occurred to me...I have made a difference, it may be small, it may have not made the national news, I am not published for some great research and I have not invented some new therapy. I am raising two wonderful children that are caring and kind. I get lots of hugs from kids throughout the day. Little ones that have come to me because they had a fight with a friend or their dog died or their parents just told them they are getting divorced and their little world is crashing around them. I guess I do make a difference for them. So, I will hold on to that. Deep thinking I know for 6:30 am, but that is my random thought for the day. Do you have any random thoughts?

~Scarlett

3 comments:

Clover said...

That is so funny. My horoscope earlier this week was about just that. Something to the effect of "Quit looking for your perfect life. You're living it."

If you need me to make a list of all the ways you've made a difference in my life I'll gladly do it! I'm glad you're my sister. Who needs the silly "in-law" part?

Happy almost birthday by the way. :)

Clover said...

I found really cute pillowcases to make dresses out of at the thrift store. There were two of them, and they are King sized I think. So long enough to make one for Gigi too. They are white with a cute floral pattern on them, and the hem is scalloped and trimmed in blue. CUTE!

http://www.jenleheny.com/pillowcase-dress-instructions

This is a great pattern. Let's do it! :)

Kim said...

How we could miss it all just waiting for it to happen! Thanks for sharing the good thoughts :)K