Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Mother's Day. The day set aside to honor mom. Our kids draw us pictures, pick flowers, and make us breakfast in bed. They tell us how much they love and appreciate us. A day that we can "take off" from our mom duties. Do we really get the day off? Can you really "take off" from being a mom? Once you become a mom it become a part of who you are. I mean we will describe ourselves that way. I am a working mom or a stay at home mom, a single mom, a mom of two or three or how ever many kids you have. Being a mom changes who you are. I just don't think it is possible to take the day off. Maybe take a break but do you every find yourself, even while taking a break, still being a mom. You know a few free moments at Target or where ever and you still have to make one quick run through the children's department to see what they have. I will tell myself, this is my time, no kids stuff, yet I still find myself standing in gymboree. How does that happen? How do these little creatures come into our lives and change us forever? I am not sure. I guess that is the eternal question. I just know that I love being a mom. Yea, I am like the rest of you. They can drive me crazy beyond belief, occasionally I will have thought of using duct tape as a discipline method, and I am constantly screaming for me time! but I would not trade them for the world. Occasionally, I have a panic attack when I think about the influence that I have in their little lives. The power that I possess to either crush their spirit or cause them to soar. It is crazy this calling that has been given to me by God. At times I feel completely insufficient to fulfil this role. To be a mom. Sometimes I look at my kids and think how can I be their mom, I mean who decided that I was capable of this? I know they have made me a better person. for having them in my life. God is constantly teaching me lessons through them. They are amazing! So to all you moms out there....keep doing what your doing. If you are like me you had a dream to some how change the world....to make it a better place...well, you do everyday for your kids....you make a difference!
***********************************************************************************
So now that I got all the schmoopy stuff over with....the above picture is what my little darlings, and big darling got me for Mother's Day. My very own laptop. I don't even have to share with ANYONE! So ho-made night just got better! (Ho-made night is a girl's night that my SIL and I have once a month with friends, we head downtown, eat dinner, and have a craft night in their company's conference room, lots of chocolate and fun!) Any hoo, I am working on learning to digital scrapbook. Now I can scrapbook downtown, on a plane, or even poolside....that right poolside, even poolside in Mexico!!!! So, maybe I will get caught up on all my pages, pictures, and events. Let's hope so. I will have to justify the need for this laptop somehow.....thank you family....I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Scarlett aka techy girl!

No comments: