Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School

Tomorrow is the first day of school. All over the valley there are moms that are probably doing cheers. This mom is not cheering. It's back to work for me as well but that is not what makes the end of summer so sad for me. I will miss lazy mornings snuggling on the couch watching the Disney channel until noon, I will miss taking walks and catching grasshoppers, I will miss warm evenings sitting on the porch swing watching the kids swim, and I will miss sitting out under the stars watching movies on the big screen until midnight. These were just a few of the fun things we did this summer. Now it is back to early mornings rushing to catch the bus, evenings filled with homework and football and gymnastics, and piles of laundry waiting for the weekend. I love summer not just because it is warm but because we get to be together just us...no interruptions. So I will go back, I will fall into the routine, I will make the schedule work but I will be wishing for summer in my heart!

~Scarlett

No comments: