Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes!

So I have a little funny to share. The other day I took my little man on a date. It was just the two of us. He decided that we should eat dinner at Applebee's. So we head to Applebee's and get a table for two. He was so excited because his sister was at home with Dad. The waitress gave us menus and we were looking them over and trying to decide what to eat. All of a sudden he looks up and says in his not so quite voice "Hey mom, what is pasta with Marijuana sauce?" I about died right there as everyone within a 10 foot radius just heard what he said and they were all looking at us. I just looked into those beautiful blue eyes and laughed. He had just made my date perfect. Of course he had no idea why I was laughing so I explained that it was marinara sauce. He laughed too because he realized what he had said. We had a nice lunch together. Every once in a while he will say "Hey mom, remember when I said marijuana sauce?" and we will laugh all over again. I love that we have that moment to remember when it was just the two of us. A private little joke between me and my little guy!

~Scarlett

1 comment:

Life As I Know It said...

That is priceless! I love those kind of moments.