Sunday, December 14, 2008

Simply Christmas

Last night was our music program at church and it was fabulous. I think it may be the best one yet. The band was awesome and the kids did a great job but the message is what touched my heart and I needed that. I went into the program thinking one more thing to do on my list of gottados. I had a conversation with a friend right before the program started about all the shopping, wrapping, partying, and trimming I still had left to do. We both agreed it was the busiest December we have ever had and neither one of us were in the spirit. About 15 minutes into the program we both had tears streaming down our faces. The entire message was about how all the things we have to do keep us so busy that we forget why there even is a Christmas. It is simply this...God with us...He sent his Son so that we could be with Him and He could be with us. That is all God wants is to be with us. How amazing. So quite down shopping and wrapping and trimming because my heart needs to be still. My heart needs it to be Simply Christmas.

~Scarlett

No comments: