Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds

Life has been a little busy in Kerbyville. I have lots of things floating around in my head to blog about. I finally made it to the fabric store last night and found a few little goodies that I will be posting soon hopefully. As we speak or in this case type I am downloading some really cool scrapbooking kits from the shabby shoppe so I have lots of work ahead of me before the holidays. All of that aside I will get to the point of my post. As my gigi and I were driving home from the fabric store last night we were jamming out to radio disney. I know.....seems like I am feeling older lately, it's the christian station, the 80's, or the disney channel in my car. Did I mention that a lot of the 80's songs are now on easy listening....yeah our parent's station that was so not cool when we were growing up! Any hoo, as we are listening to radio disney it occurs to me that I am singing along with Hannah Montana and I know all the words. Then gigi and I try to decide who it is that Hannah is singing with is it Joe Jonas maybe....sounds kinda like Joe....no it happens to be Corbin Bleu....oh yeah sounds like Corbin. Cool. Then it occurs to me, when did this happen? When did I become a radio disney junkie? Who knows I just am and I have to admit I love singing along with my girl! Ohh, a tune just popped into my head....peanut butter jelly time!!!! Uh, that is a whole other post!

In honor of this post here is a picture of my gigi at the fair. She was in the rabbit dress up contest. She is Hannah and her rabbit is Miley.

3 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

Ok, I can TOTALLY relate to this post. My radio plays the same music as yours. I know all the words the the disney songs...and enjoy them! If we ever have the tv on the disney channel and a short music video clip comes on, I always sing along. Scott just looks at me with this odd look and says, "You know the words?". My girl and I are counting the days to the opening of HSM3. The things we do for love. ;O)

scarlett said...

Can't wait for HSM3. We are counting the days as well

Clover said...

That is SO cute. I cannot believe she didn't win. Rigged! Rigged!

And I love Radio Disney too. I also love this guy called Steve Weeks who sings little kids songs. Most notably one named "Kiki Kangaroo" where the hero of the song is named Kerby Kindheart. Awww.

Side note, SP calls that song "Kinky LaRoo!" Heh. From the mouths of babes...