Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our Year in Review

2010 came to a close so quickly that I have hardly had time to reflect on all that means. I didn't even realize we were ending a decade until yesterday. Didn't we just end a decade? How does tome move so quickly? So as a take a moment to stop and reflect on our year I am grateful. I never would have dreamed that our family would be so full of life. 10 years ago I was pregnant with gigi and my little man was about to turn 2. Soon we would be knee high in diapers and sleepless nights. I thought it would be forever before we would taste a little bit of parental freedom. Now here we are 10 years later. My little man is well not so little. Tonight he informed me that I needed to change his blog name. He's thinking about what it should be. He will turn 12 in 3 weeks and next year at this time I will be facing having a teenager in the house. My gigi, well she will hit the double digits this year and that takes my breath away just thinking about it. 10. So where did the last 10 years go? Well, we were busy living. Living in the moment and enjoying every minute of it. I have known since the day my kids were born that we were one day closer to them leaving and I have tried to breathe in every moment they are with me. I am not going to pretend that I haven't had those mom moments of what am I doing and wouldn't life be easier if....I would be lying if I said every moment of motherhood was glorious. My kids have made me a better person and they have made us into a family. So I am not even going to think about where we will be in another 10 years. That's just a little to much to think about right now. I am gonna keep on living in the moment and enjoying every minute of it. Here are a few of our 2010 moments for you to share.

No comments: