Sunday, November 16, 2008

As most of you know there have been a few things happening in Kerbyville. Last week the mister's grandfather passed away. We all headed up to Northern Idaho to celebrate his life. I call it a celebration because we have a lot to celebrate because of him. Grandpa has been battling Parkinson's disease for the last few years so his death was bittersweet. We will miss him but we know that he is with the Lord and I am sure that he is having the time of his life. Grandpa was one of the most wonderful men I have ever met. He always had a kind word and a smile. He worked harder than anyone I have ever know. The man was unstoppable. He ran a dairy for over 30 years with his brother so you can image how hard the two of them worked. When he found out he had Parkinson's he began a battle. He would walk between 3 to 5 miles a day trying to keep the disease from winning. I have always wanted to make a difference in the world and I only hope that at my funeral people will say the things that they said about grandpa. He did not earn a great fortune or become famous but he made a great impact on many people. He left a legacy by investing in people and loving them. He lived what he believed. We will miss you grandpa.

No comments: