Monday, September 8, 2008

Are you ready for some football!!!!

Saturdays have become very busy at our house....we are in football season. The little man has started his first year of tackle and boy does he think he is big. They practice hitting hard, grunting and growling...yeah it's a guy thing and I am trying hard to understand. Suddenly he needs to consult his dad on everything and I really have no clue about life. I am trying hard to let this happen but it is not very easy. There are a few rules that I have learned about being a mom of a boy....never ask if it hurts to get tackled, never ask if marks on his feet hurt, never ask if anything hurts!, never attempt to help him put on or take off his pads even if he is spinning in aimless circles trying to get them off...you may touch the pads if he ask you to, never talk about anything that went wrong at practice until you are in the privacy of your car, and never attempt to slap his helmet of shoulder pads, only guys do that. Large learning curve but hey I am getting there. On the other hand I am a cool mom of a cheerleader because I know a few cheers, remember how to do stunts, and remember jumps....score....at least I had a girl so I can feel some sense of worth! Here are a few pics of the day...I am allowed to take pictures....

My girl cheering her heart out!

He's on the move...number 34.


Making some contact.


Cheering makes her a little crazy!







No comments: