Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chaos

That about describes things here in kerbyville. Chaos! and it has been making me just a little crazy. I don't really know if I mentioned the fact that everything and I mean just about everything in our house went kaput last year. It started with putting in underground sprinklers. You see apparently our pump was to small and about dead. No big deal right. Right, except for the fact that right after that our lawn tractor died, then the pool pump, the pond pump (I'm beginning to see a theme with pumps), the video camera, the tires on our SUV, and the boat engine. Then one day in June we woke up to water pouring out of our ceiling downstairs. A pipe had broken in the room that we had just remodeled. Not the ugly bathroom with the 1970's laminate and mustard tub, nope the room with new granite and laminate flooring. So what did we do well rip out the wall only to have a plumber tell us that basically our whole house needed to be re plumbed. Wonderful! So I lived for 6 months with a hole in my wall and ceiling. My husband decided that January would be an awesome time to re plumb the house. Not the summer when I am off but smack in the middle of the school year. So we have been tearing out walls and pipe. Fun, fun. My house has been cover in sheet rock dust and rusty water stains for weeks now. Finally this past weekend we got most of it back together. I painted 3 bathrooms, my laundry room, mud room, bedroom wall, and part of the hallway. I have managed to tame most of the sheet rock dust and have finally gotten all the grime off the floors. It is nice not to have to wear shoes just so you don't feel all the grit on the floor. The bright side? We have lots of water pressure and you don't freeze if you are in the shower and someone turns on a faucet. Two people can actually shower in two different bathrooms....amazing! So I have been very, very busy with this house. Tonight is the first night that I have been able to just chill in weeks. Ahhh I am loving it. I am praying that this year is not as eventful but if you read my previous post about the cat well, not looking hopeful. BTW, the kitty is doing well and stays very close to home these days. I think he really would just spend his entire day sitting on my lap if I let him. So here is to 2011 being a better year. I think it will be considering 10 minutes ago my backspace key would not work and now it is working fine. See things are looking up!

~Scarlett

No comments: